1. The colourful hat I have on my head. It was left here by my third daughter, who had borrowed it from my first daughter. My first daughter is in long-term rehab and I miss her. Wearing her hat warms my head and my heart with thoughts of her.
2. Tears that are flowing from my eyes while I write, to help wash out a smidgen of the pain I have been enduring of late.
3. Having heard from a friend with whom I had once thought I had lost touch forever, but from whom I now occasionally hear, and he even subscribed to my blog. (Hola, Señor Heelez).
4. The sip of Zevia ginger rootbeer that was just brought to me by my eight-year-old son. He said, “Here’s some fresh Zevia that I just opened. It’s fresh.”
5. The smell of lentils and barley cooking in the kitchen, to which I am about to add carrots, onions, garlic, celery, and chopped ham.
And an extra mention of gratitutde to the blogger at Inspirationenergy, who inadvertently prompted me to write this — Inspirationenergy’s Gratitude Page.
For more gratitutdes, check out: my Gratitudes category.